An organization's marketing department must work diligently to keep its product and service offerings fresh and innovative. However, success is filled with unpredictable challenges that must be confounded. Whether your business size is and you are looking to grow your marketing presence—there can be many challenges standing in your way. These challenges are often not […]
Interactive content is growing in popularity and demand. Now is the time to experiment if you haven't started incorporating interactive elements into your content. Using videos, images, quizzes, games, or apps in your content can make it more interesting for viewers and more manageable for readers to digest.
But how do you go about creating interactive content? Here are seven steps that will help you get started.
What is Interactive Content, and Does it Work?
Interactive content is a marketing piece that encourages users to interact actively with the content. This could be any content that promotes two-way communication between your brand and your target audience.
Even though creating interactive content is time-consuming, its perks are undeniably worth it. One of the best perks of interactive content is making your brand message more impactful, valuable and worthy. Let's discuss some surveys and interactive content research to convince you of its perks
- More than 40 times, the conversion rate has increased and become shareable on social media.
- Customers are being magnetized to live videos or any content that's pre-recorded.
Now let's dive into how to make interactive content that attracts more customers.
1.) Decide What You’ll Be Interactable
Before you build interactive content, you must decide what you will be interactive-able. You may choose to focus on one type to start with. Some types of interactive content include:
- Visual elements: images, video, infographics, quizzes, slideshows, infographics, and more
- Interactive quizzes: This type of content involves questions and multiple-choice answers. The goal is for the reader to complete the quiz and then get the desired result to be rewarded.
- Games: Interactive games typically involve questions, tasks, and challenges. The goal is to make something that feels fun and rewarding.
- Apps: Apps are another popular platform for creating interactive content. These content types can range from a basic set of instructions to a more complex series of instructions.
2.) Use Visual Elements
Visual elements are essential when creating interactive content. They should serve as a foundation, helping to create a connection between your content and the user. You can use visual elements in many different ways, including:
- Images: Images can be used for visual elements, as well as as a viewer experience. They also serve for captions, descriptions, and more.
- Videos: Videos are a great way to connect with your audience. You can create your videos or use others' available content. Be sure to include tags and metadata so other people can find them.
- Infographics: An infographic is a visual element that can be used to share information quickly. Many tools help you create your own or use templates from free sites.
3.) Test Out Your New Ideas
If you're creating interactive content, you'll probably want to test out new ideas. For example, try those out before committing to a long-term strategy if a visual element works better as a quiz or game. You can try out new ideas using a variety of methods, including:
- Create a simple quiz.
- Create a game
4.) Add a Little Playfulness to Your Content
Playfulness is an integral part of creating interactive content. It helps to break up the information and engage the reader. You can add playfulness in a few different ways, including -
Have a signature style. Signature style refers to using certain elements, like music and images, throughout your content. This helps to create a consistent look and feel.
- Introduce a sense of humor. Humor can help break up your content, as well as help build a connection with your audience.
- Use illustrations and charts. Charts and illustrations can help to visually explain complex topics or help to break up a text. - Add a soundtrack. Including a soundtrack in your content can help to create a better experience. - Add a prompt. Prompts can help to engage the reader, inspire them, and invite them to consider new ideas and perspectives.
5.) Don’t Forget Audience Research
One mistake brands make when creating interactive content is forgetting to do audience research. It would be best if you made sure that the content would be exciting and engaging for your target audience. Interactive content is more likely to be engaging if you take the time to research your target audience, their interests, and their exact needs and problems. The questions you ask will help you to understand your audience better and create content that is more likely to be engaging for them.
It is critical to understand how to stay afloat in a world that is rapidly becoming the digital era. With the appropriate plans and approaches, interactive content can propel businesses ahead. That is how you stay relevant.' After all, if it isn't buzzworthy, is it worth it?
Don't stress out! You can also tap professionals to manage your social media needs. Asking for assistance is never a weak point. We have a team of experts with years of experience delivering quality solutions to your business needs.