Stripe is a go to for being able to accept online payments. It allows people to send invoices, accept credit card payments, and sell online products or services directly from a website. In this quick guide I'm going to go over the steps to create a Stripe Account.
To set up a Stripe account, you'll need to provide some personal and business information, as well as complete a few steps to get everything up and running. While the specific process might change over time, the general steps to set up a Stripe account are as follows:
- Sign up for a Stripe account: Visit the Stripe website (https://stripe.com) and click on the "Start now" or "Sign up" button. You'll need to provide a valid email address, full name, and create a password for your account.
- Confirm your email address: After signing up, you'll receive a confirmation email from Stripe. Click on the link provided in the email to verify your account.
- Complete your account details: Log in to your Stripe dashboard and click on the "Activate your account" button. Provide the following information:
- Personal information: Your full name, phone number, date of birth, and home address.
- Business information: Business name, website URL, business address, and a description of the products or services you offer.
- Tax information: Depending on your country, you may need to provide tax identification information, such as an EIN or SSN in the United States.
- Bank account information: Provide your bank account details where you want to receive payouts from Stripe. This includes your bank's routing number and your account number.
- Set up payment methods: In your Stripe dashboard, navigate to "Settings" and then "Payment methods" to enable the payment methods you'd like to accept, such as credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Integrate Stripe into your website or app: You can integrate Stripe using one of their pre-built integrations (like Stripe Checkout, Payment Links, or the Stripe plugin for popular e-commerce platforms), or you can build a custom integration using the Stripe API. You'll need some technical knowledge or the help of a developer to integrate Stripe into your platform.
- Test your integration: Before going live, it's important to test your Stripe integration to ensure it's working correctly. Stripe provides test card numbers and testing tools to help you verify your setup.
- Go live: Once you've tested your integration and are satisfied that it's working correctly, switch your account from test mode to live mode in your Stripe dashboard.
After completing these steps, your Stripe account should be fully set up and ready to accept payments. Remember to familiarize yourself with Stripe's fees, dispute policies, and best practices to ensure a smooth experience for both you and your customers.
If you need help getting an online business started, or bringing your current online business to the next level, KLB Solutions would love to help. Get a free quote by submitting a contact form or calling 808 634 2105.