Starting an online store can be a great business. It also has its risks. In this article we discuss 5 tips for overcoming some of the hurdles that most online startups face. For business, it is crucial, in fact, to recognize potential challenges and establish a strategy to solve them before they arise. There are […]
If you want your business to be successful, you need to create content that connects with people. But creating quality content takes time and planning and it’s not something you can just winge or whinge your way through it either. As an entrepreneur, it can be a challenge to find the time to plan and execute a strategy for your company’s social media content.
But don’t worry, that doesn’t mean you have to give up yet! Here are 5 tips that will help you create killer social media content as an entrepreneur:
Create a content calendar
Social media content is time-intensive and requires a dedicated content calendar. Without one, it can be difficult to determine when and where to publish content. While your business and focus might change over time, your social media calendar should remain the same from week to week and month to month. By publishing consistently, you will have a much easier time connecting with your target audience and gaining traction with your social media strategy.
Choose the right platform for your audience
It’s important to keep in mind that social media is not one-size-fits-all. The right social media platform for your content depends on your audience and the type of content you’re creating. Whatever the social media platform you choose, it’s important to understand what type of content your audience prefers.
To choose the right social media platform, you’ll need to conduct market research and conduct business metrics to gauge where you can best deploy your content for better leads.
Too often, entrepreneurs try to be funny when creating content for social media. While humor is an important part of social media content, it should be used sparingly. Instead of trying to be funny, try to be conversational. That is, write your social media posts as if you’re having a conversation with your audience. This way, customers would feel that you’re business is something they can relate to. After all, your business content and message are the key to building relationships with your clients and eventually becoming our regular customers.
Focus on Quality over Quantity
Many entrepreneurs spend too much time creating social media content and not enough time promoting their content. Remember, social media is only as powerful as the content it’s built upon. You can’t expect to grow your business with weak social media content, so focus on improving your social media strategy especially in promoting your content. Your social media content can be simple but carefully planned to focus on influencing your audience and generating leads. Plan out how you want to promote your social media content and make sure to allocate time on your schedule for it.
Avoid these Common Mistakes when Making Social Media Content
Creating social media content is an extension of your brand image. Once tarnished, it can be really for you to wipe the stain away. Never be fooled in what other say: “Bad Publicity is still publicity”. We have researched 10 common social media mistakes that you should avoid doing and we hope you’ll find really hopeful!
- Jumping to business without a S.M.A.R.T. plan. Because social media is very accessible, entrepreneurs rush to create account and just make random social media postings. Different social media uses different algorithms to have to learn about. Randomly posting your content won’t get you to the right algorithm for search optimization and obviously won’t work for your business.
- Being Too Formal. Social Media serves as a communication channel for everyone. It’s important to remember you use social media to market and make connections, not to direct or teach, or even sound like AI.
- Not Identifying your Target Audience. Your content is not for everyone. This is a common mistake because it leads to frustrations, exhaustion, and wasted efforts. Why? Because you're not getting any revenue yet your investing too much time into your content. With a target audience, you can tailor-fit your marketing strategy and work on creating more sales.
- Ignoring the Influencer Trend. Influencers live in every social media platforms. With the wide follower and influencers they have with the audience, it can be a huge mistake not to take advantage of their power.
- Overposting. Constant engagement is a must in business. However, overloading your social media with posts is certainly a mistake. As they say: “Too much of anything is dangerous”. Posting too much content in quick gaps may irritate customers and may cause them to tag your business as spam, or unfollow your page.
Social media is an important tool for marketing your business. The key is to create content that engages your target audience and generates leads for your business. It’s always important to remember that social media is not one-size-fits-all. And finally, try to avoid these common mistakes we’ve listed to have a killer social media profile!
Whether you’re a solopreneur or starting your own business, building your brand on social media is a crucial step. But, don’t stress it out! You can also tap professionals to manage your social media needs. Asking for assistance is never a weak point. We have a team of experts with years of experience in delivering quality solutions to your business needs.
Interested? Schedule a call with us today!