As the pace of digital changes continues to accelerate, so make the demands on your brand. Today's consumers have more accessible resources and connections than ever and expect brands to keep pace. To reach these customers effectively, you need modern marketing strategies that fit their lifestyles and expectations. Read on for insights about how marketers […]
In a society where people are becoming less trusting of traditional advertising, user-generated content is a proven way to build your brand, grow it and get more people to buy from you.
You may have heard about User-Generated Content (UGC) and the basic definition of it as what the title suggests. But still, we can't help but ask: “What does UGC mean?” “How can brands use it to connect with their target audience and, in the end, make more sales?”
Here, you'll find ways to generate leads, so feel free to read the whole article jump right in and find out how UGC can help your business grow.
What is User-Generated Content?
User-generated content (UGC), or user-created content (UCC), as some people call it is any kind of content information that users create. This can be in the form of videos, digital photos, and other types of media that belong to an online platform and are made available to other end users.
UGC has become a new way for businesses to reach the same goal as ads or content creation without spending as much. UGC has worked well for a company because the content is authentic and relatable. Also, most UGCs are free, like reviews, testimonials, photos, videos, tweets, Facebook posts, etc.
What are the Benefits of User-Generated Content?
User-generated content has many benefits that go beyond the apparent sales numbers. Let's take a look:
- Encourages more participation- UGC gets people to take action. Whether looking at your Facebook page or your website, UGC makes people want to do more, learn more, and even want more.
- Influence Purchasing Decisions. People tend to trust user-generated content more because it comes from people who don't have anything to gain from praising you. It has been shown to have 20% more impact than branded content alone.
- Save Business resources. Brands that get their customers to share content often bring a steady stream of assets they would have to make on their own in marketing channels. UGC has become an automated solution for businesses that maximize their time creating contents for customers.
- Convert Leads. People who see a product on social media feel compelled to try it for different reasons. Users who have seen UGC are 85% more likely to buy a product from an online store than users who have only seen branded content.
Ways to Get More Quality Leads with UGC
Before jumping into any marketing bandwagon, it's essential to have a plan for collecting and using user-generated content (UGC).
Ready to get started and apply these seven ways to get your leads.
- Know what Social Media Platform your Audience lives
Knowing where your audience and potential advocates have the most activities and influence on social media is important. Choose a social network and then set up a social environment that allows you to not only share content with your customers but also interact with them in a meaningful way. This way, it helps your business to stand out from the competition and build long-term relationships.
- Be Specific in the type of content you want your audience to create
As a business that encourages customer participation, specifically set and decide on the kind of content that you want your audience to make. Doing so will serve your goals while allowing your fans to contribute and be creative with their ideas.
- Create competitions and challenges, then share your UGC from different Users
The most common ways users make content are through competitions and challenges. Your user-generated (UGC) strategy should include content from regular customers, brand loyalists, or "raving fans." Competitions and challenges open area of fresh content ideas and increase audience reach.
In addition, sharing your UGC t will help build a brand image of being reliable and trustworthy.
- Showcase your audience UGC talents
Ask your followers to show off their skills as part of your campaign to put them in the spotlight. This not only gives fans a chance to be famous for five minutes, but it can also help undiscovered talent get the attention it deserves.
- Emphasize collaboration and Community Building
A lot of user-generated content marketing will be done on social media, which is a great place to build your community. People will feel more connected to your brand if you share feedback from real people who have used your product or service.
Encourage your followers to share, talk to each other, and help each other out. This means you have to be available to answer questions, give feedback, and respond to comments on your posts.
- Recognize the Audience for their UGC
Whether on social media or in an ad, be sure to give credit where it is due. An enjoyable and engaging experience that encourages others to contribute their content is more effective than a nagging feeling of obligation.
- Analyze and Measure your UGC Efforts
To put it all together, if you want to know if your user-generated content (UGC) strategy works, you have to measure. You have to conduct digital analytics to keep track of your overall UGC engagements.
User-generated content has become an effective way to reach new customers. Word-of-mouth advertising has always been the best way to get people to buy something. The technology we have now just speeds up the old way of spreading information by word of mouth.
But in the end, marketing is all about your customers' stories, hopes, and dreams and how your brand can help them actualize that. User-generated content gets people involved and builds relationships between brands and customers, which makes it one of the most effective ways to market.
Although UGC can be tricky, you can give it a try. And if you need help making your brand more interactive for users, schedule a call with us! We at KBL Solutions specialize in maximizing your social media channel's potential and showcasing your business.
Let us help you create strategies to make your social media page extra!