Starting an online store can be a great business. It also has its risks. In this article we discuss 5 tips for overcoming some of the hurdles that most online startups face. For business, it is crucial, in fact, to recognize potential challenges and establish a strategy to solve them before they arise. There are […]
Direct marketing is considered one of the oldest formats in marketing and it's easy to understand why. It can be a great way to reach your target audience and drive them towards your business. However, if you want results of its work, you need to do everything in your power to make direct marketing successful for your business.
Here are 5 ways to make direct marketing work for your business:
Create a Clear, Concise, and Effective message
When creating your direct mail pieces and emails, you want them to have a clear and concise message. This message should tell your audience why your product or service is valuable.
A clear and concise message will also help you convey your tone and style to your audience. Your message needs to tell your audience what you’re selling and why they should buy. If you’re creating promotional materials for a business, your message should be professional and effective. You can usually get away with being a little more creative than you would for a business. But, make sure the creative message you’re creating is clear and compelling.
Develop a call-to-action (CTA)
Your call-to-action is the step or action your prospects or customers take after seeing your message. It’s where you ask your audience to make a move of purchasing or communicating their interest in your business. Your CTA can be done by encouraging clients to learn more about your product or service, sign up for a free trial, place an order or any other action you want your audience to take.
If your call-to-action isn’t clear, your audience might not take the next step. If your call-to-action isn’t concise, your audience might skip it altogether. You want to choose a call to action that’s both clear and concise. It should be very compelling that your audience would be excited to take.
We commonly associate telemarketing with sales professionals contacting potential consumers, but there is more to it than just phone calls. Telemarketing is highly effective since it practically and constantly reaches your target demographic and creates a more personal message than an email.
There are five ways you can utilize Tele-marketing:
- Cold Calling. Sales representative calling potential leads with a history of transactions with your business.
- Follow-up Sales. A professional sales replies to a potential customer's direct request. They may have requested additional information by signing up for a discovery call on your website or contacting you via social media.
- General Follow-up. Contact current clients for a regular account check-up, review, or case study.
- Doing research and analytics. A way to get your target audience be involved in your research, surveys, and competitor analysis.
Integrate SMS and Text Messaging Campaigns
SMS is a popular and cost-effective method of reaching a wider audience. It works effectively with audiences of all ages since people will always check their phones and more frequently than they check their emails. It's also a fantastic technique to communicate with prospects before calling them. SMS may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Reminders for a Booking.
- Promotional Notifications
- Send Personalized message campaigns
- For Follow-up and updates
Direct selling is akin to having a dedicated representative with which your customers may communicate. Direct selling is used for:
- One-on-one appointments. You may schedule sessions with potential clients to assist them in making purchasing decisions. These talks might take place online, over the phone, or in person.
- Business Summit and Events. Find networking events where you may put up a booth or table to showcase your items.
- Set up an eCommerce or Online Store. This is a little more passive sales strategy in which you spend most of your time assisting consumers in their decisions and providing post-purchase assistance.
Use Direct Marketing
Direct marketing initiatives may be effective for small or starting businesses with limited funds. These 5 ways mostly have low barrier entry, which means you can get started with minimal money.
And that's how to conduct Direct Marketing to get more sales for your business. Let us know if there is anything else you'd want us to address in the comments below!
Do you already engage in direct marketing? Let us know how you're doing! Schedule a call with us now!